Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Madness is nearly over ...

... and I'm not talking about basketball.

In the latter half of March, I turned a year older and got myself a job. No, it's not a cool, geeky job in IT -- which I am woefully underqualified for regardless -- or the comic book industry. But it's a good job working with good people and I was lucky to get it, and now I'll be able to do things like put gas in my car, take my girlfriend out to dinner, and buy books.

Sadly, while I've been training for that, the things I love doing -- namely working on Project: Oz, reading fantasy fiction, and blogging about the two -- have all come to a grinding halt. Happily, once my training period is over, that will change, and things will shift back towards something like the status quo of at least one update per week.

Looking forward, I'll soon be back to talking about things like:
  • Comparing and contrasting John Norman's Gor series with The Vagina Monologues et al., because I just happened to read them at approximately the same time and saw the humor in it;
  • A guest review of China Mieville's Kraken over at The Ranting Dragon;
  • Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes, because emotional literary masochism is good for us;
  • For completion's sake, Clementine, Cherie Priest's other entry in her Clockwork Century;
  • Felix Gilman's The Half-Made World;
  • Caitlin Kittredge's The Iron Thorn, which certainly took long enough to get to me from the library so I hope it's any good; and 
  • tackling the entirety of Tad Williams' Shadowmarch series.
These are, of course, just the book reviews that are coming up. Occasionally, other topics that pop into my mind -- musings on the writing process, my D&D game, etc. -- will get written down, too, just as I've been doing since I started this blog. And the book reviews that I've just mentioned (not necessarily in that order) are coming up soon-ish just because these are the books sitting on my coffee table or atop piles in my bedroom as I write this entry. Other reviews will come along pretty much in the order that I get the books in my hands.

And hopefully Friday I'll have a really exciting announcement about this blog that some of you have probably already guessed, you clever foxes, you.

I'm looking forward to it -- I hope you are, too!

1 comment:

  1. I'll summarize my full review of Shadowmarch that I post on lj by just saying I really don't recommend it. Now, if you haven't read his War of the Flowers yet, do so soon.

    ReplyDelete